See posts by
- Ria Tan on Wild Shores Singapore: Wild Water
- Brandon Seah on The Biology Refugia: “Lost in the Clouds”
- Ng Kai Scene on News from the International Coastal Cleanup Singapore: “Confession of a former plastic bottle junkie”
- Nokoso on Scene of my Life: “Dear Poseidon, What Would You Do?”
- Debby Ng on The Hantu Bloggers: “Coral Reefs of Pulau Hantu”
- Wee Yeow Chin on Bird Ecology Study Group: “The Sungei Buloh Wetlands Reserve”
- Purple Mangrove on Purple Mangrove: “Secure our water needs everybody’s participation”
Read about the issues by Blog Action Day and a page of facts, quotes, photos, and videos about the water crisis at Water.org.
Blog Action Day shares five facts about water we might not know:
- Unsafe drinking water and lack of sanitation kills more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.
- More people have access to a cell phone than to a toilet.
- Every day, women and children in Africa walk a combined total of 109 million hours to get water.
- It takes 6.3 gallons [24 litres] of water to produce just one hamburger.
- The average American uses 159 gallons [602 litres] of water every day – more than 15 times the average person in the developing world.