St Andrew’s Turns 150 This Year!
To mark our 150th anniversary, a string of events have been lined up to bring past and present Saints together in celebrating a glorious 150 years of St Andrew’s history.
- 13 Jan 2012* – Kiwi Cup @ St Andrew’s Junior College Rugby Field
- 08 Feb 2012 – 150th Anniversary Dedication Service @ St Andrew’s Village
- 07 Apr 2012* – St Andrew’s 150th Anniversary Carnival & Jim Weir Cup @ St Andrew’s Village
- 18 May 2012* – St Andrew’s Arts Festival Gala Night @ University Cultural Centre (NUS)
- 22 May 2012* – St Andrew’s Arts Festival – Band Night (including a Matinee session) @ School of the Arts Concert Hall
- 23 May 2012* – St Andrew’s Arts Festival – Choir Night @ School of the Arts Concert Hall
- 25 May 2012* – St Andrew’s Arts Festival – Dance Night (including a Matinee session) @ University Cultural Centre
- 25 Aug 2012 – Founder’s Day and Official Opening of St Andrew’s Hall @ St Andrew’s Junior College Cultural Centre
- 08 Sep 2012* – St Andrew’s 150th Anniversary Dinner @ Raffles City Convention Centre
*Mark these dates on your calendar to join us – detailed information will be made known shortly at our facebook page: http://facebook.com/sav150. Queries? Email us at email@example.com
Thanks to Arene Koh, Deputy Principal, St Andrew’s Junior College
I was offline most of December and now its time to try to keep things manageable!
- Wed 04 Jan 2011 – introductory lecture at the CDTL Professional Development Programme – Teaching (PDP-T) workshop – “10 Things I wish someone told me when I started teaching!“
- Thu 05 2011 – Last talk at CIT’s BuzzEd 2012 – “Search, citation and plagiarism: skills for a digital age have to be taught!“
- Tue 10 Dec 2011 – “Social Grouping in Animals” (for the Certificate in Animal Management course @ SZG).
- Answer Dec emails, especially student module queries.
- Module prep: LSM1303 Animal Behaviour [time-table].
- Module prep: LSM4262 Tropical Conservation Biology [to confirm time-table].
- Module prep: MW5201/2 Science Communication [time-table].
- Prep Active Learning CLassroom @ S16-03.
- Submission: CHAOS 2012 Question by 20 Jan 2011
- Reviewing research student’s thesis:
- small mammals,
- wild boar,
- community cats and
- smooth-coated otters
- Freshwater crab proposal
- Intern placement at NParks.
- Student exchange letters.
- ICCS Tanah Merah Year-Round Coastal Cleanups: meeting.
- NUS PEACE plans
- Toddycats Exhibition team: management and admin.
- Exhibition design proposal for LD.
- Setting up the Biodiversity Roundtable Singapore.
- Cycling proposal and interview.
- Battle of Pasir Panjang Anniversary Walk
- SaintsDYK: list management for 150th anniversary; project with SAS
The list will grow and I hope to keep it manageable. Got to spend some time on the bike and more time with kakis this semester!