I saw one likely Bike Hour cyclist who smiled and bobbed his head as we passed each other on opposite directions at the Ulu Pandan Canal.
I used it to get myself on my bicycle for my first mid-week ride. I realise why I have not been doing it sooner though, the air is not wiped (relatively) clean as it is on a Sunday morning and there is plenty of construction along the route. The best part was riding next to a cool forest patch along Clementi Road!
For my mid-week ride to survive, I must plan a route adjacent to forest, well after peak hour for this to work – a Mandai loop beckons.
- Watch my bike ride right now with @RunKeeper Live http://rnkpr.com/a19j08q #RKLive #RunKeeper
- Ghim MOH canal sure was busy! #bikehour #zd2 on way to Kranji
- Jurong in peak hour. Strictly for a niche crowd of cyclists #bikehour
- Lim Chu Kang us crunching gravel, heavy vehicles, soldiers, aircraft, insect swarm, enthusiastic dogs, street lights of Johor #bikehour #zd2
- Oops, Bike 3 Hours! Couldn’t resist visiting Kranji: reservoir, workers relaxing, smell of curry, factory dogs, heavy vehicles #bikehour
- Just completed a 46.17 km bike ride – HV – Ulu Pandan – Boon Lay – LCK – Kranji – Wlands Rd – HV. http://rnkpr.com/a19j08q #RunKeeper
- Thanks lovely drivers of lorries buses pickups trailers cementmixers cars taxis who changed lanes, slowed, gave me a wide berth #bikehour
- Two men back home after work made sure I got on the lift w/bike, nodded approvingly at my panting form and said “healthy, very good!” Cool!
Where else did others ride? See the Bike Hour facebook page.
More of my cycling updates at Zendogs 2.0.