If you were an NUS OS X Snow Leopard user back in 2009, we experiennced a hiccup with Juniper’s Network Connect which is installed the first time you login to WebVPN.
Eventually it required a geeky moment in Terminal, creating a missing subdirectory the application needed, which I blogged about then.
This time its simpler, as Graham Walsh explained in one line. I simply did this:
- Go to the NUS Faculty and Staff page at nus.edu.sg/staff and click to enter WebVPN, enter your details.
- The window attempts to install and run Network Connect and will complain of a missing plugin.
- Click that and you are promoted about installing Java. Agree to install and you are prompted for your password.
- Close and reopen browsers.
- Return to nus.edu.sg/staff and try WebVPN again, you’ll be in!
All this on Safari, mind you. Graham Walsh was stumped in Chrome so suggested this fix here.
Yes, all I really needed to say this time really was “just follow the directions in Safari and all will be well”!
Time to go book that room now…