The Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum is pleased to announce the Fourth Biodiversity of Singapore Symposium (BoSS IV) to be held on Saturday, 1st of August 2015: 8.00 am – 4:30 pm. The symposium will be held at UTown Auditorium 2 (Stephen Riady Centre) at the National University of Singapore.
We are really pleased that our Guest of Honour gracing the event is the Minister of State for National Development, Mr Desmond Lee who has been very active in this arena.
BoSS IV showcases a cohort of young and passionate folks who have stepped up to study and champion various aspects of Singapore’s biodiversity in four, one hour-long sessions. 24 speakers will excite you through snappy five-minute presentations with news and developments in the field. And we just had to include a special update about the Singapore Whale.
The symposium tradition is maintained with two hour-long teas featuring 30 posters, and of course sumptuous food to promote interaction and collaboration! Programme details can be viewed at https://biodiversitysg4.wordpress.com.
There is a registration fee is $10 for adults and $6 for students (includes grad students!) Please register at https://biodiversitysg4.wordpress.com/registration, which has cash, electronic and cheque payment options.
Do inform colleagues, friends and acquaintances who may enjoy this interesting approach to getting quickly acquainted with some aspects of biodiversity research and education in Singapore.
Previous biodiversity symposia in Singapore 2003 – 2015
- “The Future of Marine Science in Singapore.” Wed 27 May 2015 [link]
- “An Evening of Biodiversity: The Secret Lives of Mammals in Singapore.” Wed 16 Apr 2014. [link]
- “The Biodiversity of Singapore Symposium III” 24 Sep 2011. [link]
- “An Evening of Biodiversity: Zoological Explorations in Singapore.” Fri 16 Apr 2010. [link]
- “The Biodiversity of Singapore Symposium II.” 22 May 2007. [link]
- “The Biodiversity of Singapore Symposium I.” 11-12 Jul 2003. [link]