Individuals and groups passionate about environmental sustainability with plan of action can be funded by a new fund, the #OCBCCares for the Environment Fund. Besides funding, training will be provided by OCBC Bank staff volunteers in key related skills of project management, financial planning, budgeting know-how and presentation skills – to help you prepare robust proposals and structure projects.
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for initiatives that
- are realistic and scalable
- provide direct and tangible benefits to Singapore
- deliver visible outcomes that have a sustainable impact on our environment
- benefit a broad segment of the community
Targetted project outcomes include:
- The adoption of environmentally responsible behaviour or habits among residents in Singapore
- Successful efforts to conserve, recycle or minimise waste of environmental resources including water, energy, natural habitats and food
- Biodiversity conservation initiatives, including habitat enhancement, habitat restoration and species recovery
- Resolution of pressing local environmental sustainability issues
- A stronger call, from ground-up, for the community to make lifestyle changes and adopt more environmentally responsible habits.
A team of us are evaluating proposals:
- Koh Ching Ching, OCBC Bank
- Sueanne Mocktar, National Environment Agency (NEA)
- Lena Chan, National Parks Board (NParks),
- Tan Nguan Sen & Linda de Mello (PUB)
- N Sivasothi (NUS: DBS & RVRC)
Prospective applicants, do take note to apply by 30 Nov 2017 and take note of the training workshop for a robust proposal on Thu 24 Aug 2017: 4.00 – 7.00 pm @ OCBC Bank. Please read the details carefully here, and all the best!
Yes, no more excuses; this fund manpower too!