The Biodiversity Youth Forum (BYF) @ SBG, Sat 12 Aug 2017
Who is this for? All aspiring young conservationists aged 16 – 30 are welcome!
No level of experience required, sign up here.
Special Guest: Second Minister for National Development Mr Desmond Lee will join us!
Are you interested in nature conservation but don’t know where to start? Are you already active but want to contribute further, to policies and decision making in biodiversity conservation? Are you wondering if your actions can contribute to the local conservation scene and even the aspirations of the United Nations?
Join the youth facilitators and mentors at the Biodiversity Youth Forum (BYF) on 12th August 2017. In line with Singapore’s Nature Conservation Masterplan (NCMP), and in fulfilment of our commitment to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Biodiversity Roundtable* is launching this youth forum to empower youth leaders in biodiversity issues in Singapore.
At Biodiversity Youth Forum (BYF), you will
- meet and connect with like-minded individuals and groups
- learn about the Convention on Biological Diversity, Singapore’s Nature Conservation Master Plan and how you can/already play a role in them
- find out how you can get your voices heard and contribute more effectively to conservation
- identify and seek mentorship and training
- 12 August 2017, 8:30am – 1pm @ Singapore Botanic Gardens Function Hall (Botany Centre, Tanglin Gate)
- Sign up for free at biodiversityyouthforumsg.eventbrite.sg
*The Biodiversity Roundtable is an initiative spearheaded by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and National Parks Board (NParks) under Singapore’s National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan. The Roundtable comprises about 32 representatives from various sectors of the biodiversity community in Singapore.